If you will soon be welcoming a new baby into your family, you have probably already begun searching for the best baby cribs. We're here to help you with your search. We have compiled a versatile list of the ten best baby cribs available. Whether you are budget conscious or on the lookout for the most stylish design, we've got something on this list for you. Stay tuned until the end of the article where will give our pick for the best of the best baby cribs we've reviewed.
- 1 BEST BABY CRIBS FAQS
- 2 HOW WE REVIEWED
- 3 OVERALL PRICE RANGE
- 4 WHAT WE REVIEWED
- 4.1 DAVINCI JENNY LIND 3-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB
- 4.2 GRACO PACK 'N PLAY CRIB
- 4.3 MILLION DOLLAR BABY CLASSIC WINSTON 4-IN-1 CRIB
- 4.4 STORKCRAFT TUSCANY 4-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB
- 4.5 DELTA CHILDREN FOLDING PORTABLE MINI BABY CRIB
- 4.6 CHILD CRAFT STANFORD 4-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB
- 4.7 BLOOM ALMA MINI URBAN MINI FOLDING CRIB FRAME
- 4.8 BABYLETTO HULA OVAL CRIB
- 4.9 DREAM ON ME, CARSON CLASSIC 3-IN-1 CRIB
- 4.10 UNION 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB
- 5 THE VERDICT
BEST BABY CRIBS FAQS
Image via Amazon
1. WHAT DO I LOOK FOR IN A BABY CRIB?
The most important factor in a baby crib is safety. Make sure the crib you are considering meets all applicable safety standards. Other considerations come down to a matter of preference and circumstances, such as style, size, and budget. If you live in a small space or need a crib good for travel, you will want to consider smaller models or ones that fold for easy storage and portability.
2. HOW MUCH USE WILL I GET FROM A BABY CRIB?
This depends on a few factors. If you get a crib made of quality materials and of sturdy construction, you should be able to use it for multiple children, if you choose. If you choose a convertible crib option, then depending on the model you may be able to use the crib from infancy to well into your child's later life.
3. WHERE CAN I FIND THE BEST BABY CRIBS?
You can find cribs in department stores, furniture stores, big-box stores, and from online retailers such as Amazon.com. All baby cribs featured on our list can be found on Amazon.com.
HOW WE REVIEWED
Image via Pexels
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: Features, Pros & Cons, Price, Where to Buy, and Warranty. In addition to these parameters, we examined customer satisfaction, product safety, and brand reliability to bring you a well-rounded list of quality baby cribs.
OVERALL PRICE RANGE
More expensive models will be made with higher-quality materials and will have superior workmanship for added durability.
WHAT WE REVIEWED
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified: We've tested this product for over 10,000 chemicals! It helps improve indoor air quality, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play and grow. DaVinci is one of very few brands that offer this certification
- 3-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY: Designed to save you the hassle (and extra money!) of buying multiple beds as your little one grows. It easily converts to a toddler bed and daybed (toddler kit #M3199 sold separately); QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood -only the best for your sweet baby
- GROWS WITH BABY: 4 adjustable mattress positions that you can lower as your baby begins to sit and stand. We've built this crib to withstand even the most active babies and toddlers and last through your child's teen years
- FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe. Rest assured knowing it exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards
- PORTABLE: Rolling wheels allow you to move the crib around freely and to move aside to clean those hard to reach areas under the crib. Wheels can be locked to keep crib stationary; MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY: While this crib is a standard size regular crib, for a best fit we recommend DaVinci’s line of non-toxic, GREENGUARD gold, waterproof mattresses; COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Jenny Lind Changing Table & Jenny Lind 3-Drawer Dresser for a coordinated nursery
The first on our list of the best baby cribs, this 3-in-1 convertible crib, will grow with your child, as so many do these days. Made from high-quality, sustainable New Zealand pine wood, this 45-pound crib will accommodate your child of up to 50 lbs and features four adjustable mattress positions. A conversion kit can be purchased to change the crib into a daybed and a toddler bed. This crib has no moving parts, increasing the safety factor for baby, and detachable wheels can be added for portability.
Aesthetically, this crib is very pleasing with wooden spindles in an heirloom style. The color options ensure it will have no problems fitting in with the look of most nurseries. The Davinci crib is also Greenguard Gold Certified, meaning it has been screened for over 10,000 chemicals and passed the test.
- Pack 'n play offers 7 ways of use, including a raised bassinet and a toddler cot
- With 7 different ways to use from newborn to toddler, this playard is specifically designed to grow with your child
- The raised bassinet positions baby at your eye level for check-ins through the night, without having to get out of bed
- Low side walls provide a 'big kid' bed or play space that toddlers can safely and easily access on their own
- Remove the bassinet from the playard to create a cozy space for baby to rest, at home or away
This elegant 7-in-1 design from Graco comes in four finishes, including a beautiful cherry wood. This contender in the race for best baby cribs can be used as a crib (with 3 adjustable mattress positions), toddler bed, day bed, or full bed. The crib will accommodate your baby up to 48 lbs. This may be the only bed you need to buy your child, which is exciting considering the budget!
- 4-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY: Our cribs adapt as your baby grows, even in to their teen years. Designed to easily convert to a toddler bed, daybed, and full-sized bed. (toddler bed conversion kit #15599 and full-size bed conversion kit #B15399 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: Our cribs have 4 adjustable mattress positions to help transition as your baby grows and develops from newborn to toddler. Easily lower the mattress position as your baby begins to sit, pull up, and stand.
- BREATHE EASY: We know chemicals have no place in your nursery so we use a non-toxic multi-step painting process that is lead and phthalate safe. This product meets or exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- QUALITY MATERIALS: We source materials with your family in mind. This crib is made from sturdy polished iron and is hand finished making each piece unique.; THOUGHTFUL DETAILS: Traditional metal casting at the joints and simple curves throughout give just the right touch of vintage charm.
- SHOP THE COLLECTION: Complete your nursery with the Darlington 6-Drawer Dresser.
Million Dollar Baby Classic brings us another 4-in-1 crib that can grow with your child to adulthood. The crib has 4 adjustable mattress positions and can accommodate up to 50 pounds, and the full-size bed can accommodate up to 500 lbs. This crib is lead and phthalate safe and non-toxic, and it is made of New Zealand pine wood. Visually, this crib is a beautiful blend of modern and classic style.
- 4-IN-1 DESIGN: The Storkcraft 4-in-1 Convertible Crib converts easily from crib to toddler bed/day bed & even full bed (bed frame & mattress not included). This crib provides your child with a comfortable, peaceful place to sleep for their whole life.
- ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS HEIGHT: With 3 adjustable mattress heights, the Storkcraft 4-in-1 Convertible Crib will keep your baby safe and comfortable in a bed that will grow with them through adulthood. This convertible, adjustable bed can last a lifetime.
- THE ONLY ONE YOU NEED: With an assortment of modern finishes, Storkcraft baby cribs coordinate with any nursery. A convertible crib could be the only bed you'll ever have to purchase for your child, as they convert to multiple sizes to grow with them.
- COMPLETE BEDROOM SOLUTION: Storkcraft manufactures products for the total infant, kid’s, or teen bedroom solution, including changing tables, dressers, glider rocker chairs, mattresses, beds, and bunk beds from brands like Graco, Thomasville, or Broyhill.
It is not surprising that this crib from Storkcraft made our list of the best baby cribs, as the company won the Women's Choice Award in 2018 for America's Most Recommended Baby Furniture. This crib combines a sleigh design with clean lines and is available in five finishes. The 4-in-1 design means it is around for the long haul. The mattress has 3 adjustable heights, and the crib stage will accommodate your baby until they reach 35 inches in height.
- GREAT CRIB FOR SMALL SPACES OR TRAVEL: Crib includes casters for easy mobility; Folds flat for easy travel and storage; The included mattress (size: 37.5 Inches L x 23.25 Inches D x 1.5 Inches ) stores right in the crib when folded
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 2 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time; Easy assembly
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: 39 Inches W x 25 Inches D x 37.25 Inches H; Cuna para bebé que cuenta con dos alturas de colchón para mantenerse al día con su pequeño/pequeña en crecimiento
This model from Delta is one of the best baby cribs for travel, small spaces, or perhaps to keep at grandma and grandpa's house. This crib has casters for portability and will fold flat so you can easily store it or bring it along with you. This crib meets all federal safety standards and actually exceeds most of them.
There are two adjustable mattress positions offered with this crib, and this crib will accommodate your baby up to 35 pounds. This crib is constructed of sturdy wood and is available in 5 finishes. We also love that a portion of all Delta proceeds goes toward charities that benefit children.
- The Stanford crib is crafted of strong and sturdy pine wood and pine wood veneers and features an arched, slatted headboard
- 4-in-1 convertible crib grows with your child by converting into a crib, day bed, toddler bed (toddler guard rail conversion kit sold separately) and a full-size bed with the addition of coordinating wooden bed rails (sold separately)
- Strong metal mattress support adjusts to 2 positions to fit the growing needs of your child and fits most standard size crib mattresses (not included)
- Designed and engineered to meet or exceed the highest safety standards set by ASTM and CPSC
- Assembled Dimensions: 56.6" L x 30.2" W x 44.5" H Product weight: 54 lbs. Tools and instructions for assembly included
Yet another 4-in-1 design makes it on the list of the best baby cribs in the Stanford model from Child Craft. Child Craft is a brand known for safety, and many of today's safety standards were originally developed and tested at Child Craft. This company has been around and setting standards since 1954. The design is simple yet charming, with an arched headboard, and will fit the décor of most nurseries nicely. The metal mattress support is sturdy and has two adjustable heights.
- Modern design, solid wood mini crib sized for urban living spaces
- Bassinet with extended life as mini crib, comfortably up to 12 months (longer lifespan depends on baby size)
- Sized for room to room mobility during nap time; fits easily through small and standard doorways
- Patented no tools required easy set up in under 5 minutes
- Compact fold construction for easy storage and transport (durable storage bag available)
The Bloom Alma Mini is one of the best baby cribs for urban living. It has a modern boxy design available in five colors, including gray, gala green, cappuccino, natural, and oak. The design and color options will work best with modern décor, but the design is simple enough that it could really fit in anywhere.
This crib can serve as a bassinet and a mini crib, perfect for nap time, up to 12 months of age depending on baby's size. The assembly is incredibly easy with no tools required and a mere 5-minute investment of time. This crib can fit through small and standard doorways, so you can move it from room to room as needed. The folding feature allows for easy storage.
- Unique shape requires Babyletto oval 53” x 25” mattress M5323C or M5325BA (sold separately)
- Converts into mini bassinet, full-size oval crib, and toddler bed (conversion kit and bassinet pad with waterproof cover included)
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified - screened for 360 VOCs and over 10,000 chemicals
- Made with sustainable New Zealand pine wood and plywood
- Meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards
This imported crib from Babyletto may be the most unique offering on our list of the best baby cribs. It uses an oval design made of pine wood for maximum safety. This crib fits through doorways of average size, so it is easy to move from room to room and has four adjustable mattress height positions. This crib can be used from birth to ten years of age.
- PATENT #6817046 / 8479328 B2
- Two position full size folding crib, Dream On Me Standard Mattress (Sold separately) Mattress Pad Included
- Simply fold flat using the patented folding system and store, No disassembly involved
- Multi functional, Stationary (non drop side) rail design. Dual hooded, Safety locking wheels
- Baby Weight Limit: 50 lbs
This Dream On Me 3-in-1 crib is a budget-friendly option that offers a simple and classic design made of pinewood and available in four finishes. This crib has three adjustable mattress positions and has a non-drop side rail. It comes with safety locking wheels and can fold down for easy storage. This model meets or exceeds all applicable safety standards.
- Meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards
- Non-toxic, lead and phthalate safe finish
- Converts to a daybed
- Four adjustable mattress levels.Made with New Zealand pine wood
- Product Dimensions: 53.5 x 30.5 x 33.5 inches
This affordable Union model can serve as a crib with four adjustable mattress heights or a daybed. Made with New Zealand pine wood, this crib has the simplest of designs available in 6 colors, ensuring it will fit in with any décor. This sturdy yet lightweight crib meets all applicable safety standards.
Now it is time for us to reveal our pick for the best of the best baby cribs. We chose the Storkcraft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib. This crib comes at a reasonable price and from a brand that won the Women's Choice Award in 2018 for America's Most Recommended Baby Furniture. This crib can potentially provide your child with a place to rest their head up through adulthood thanks to its 4-in-1 design. Three adjustable mattress positions contribute to convenience and safety factors. The beautiful sleigh design and multiple color options should make a beautiful addition to any nursery.
The Bloom Alma Mini deserves an honorable mention as it is a fantastic choice for urban living and small spaces, and can serve as a bassinet. If you are in need of a more affordable option that is still a space-saver, the Delta Children Folding Portable Mini Baby Crib will serve you well. Plus, we love that a portion of their proceeds goes to helping children in need. If you're not looking for a space-saver but are on a tight budget, consider the Union 2-in-1 convertible crib.
So, there you have it, our list of the ten best baby cribs. No matter what you're looking for in a baby crib, we have no doubt that what you are looking for can be found on this list. Good luck on your search, and congratulations on your impending bundle of joy!