Having the best air popcorn popper can definitely make or break more than just movie night. Basically the whole country (except for essential workers) has been given a lot more time to binge Netflix, HULU, Amazon Prime, or even Cable.
Movies and T.V. shows are a great way to burn time, and popcorn, well, that’s pretty essential to proper binging. Especially popped in an air machine, dropping the calories from oil-popped varieties.
You want a popper that can give you the most delicious fist-fulls of popcorn possible. The perfectly prepared popcorn from the best air popcorn popper will be the cherry on top of an already well-loved tradition: Hot buttery popcorn with your favorite shows!
Air Popcorn Popper FAQ
First, let’s cover some information you may not already know about these awesome little machines. If you just want to get to our list of great poppers that can be delivered straight to your door, scroll on down!
1. What makes Air Popcorn Poppers Unique?
An air popcorn popper is a device that cooks the corn kernels without using oil of any kind in the popping process. You can always add oil or butter to the popped corn, after it’s done. But with this method, air-popped popcorn (with nothing added) is a mere 31 calories per cup.
2. How does an Air Popcorn Popper Work?
The best air popcorn popper is easy to use. If you’re interested in how it works, the process involves pressure and air heated to extremely high temperatures. The air spins the kernels, and eventually causes them to burst to the fluffy, tender bites we love.
3. What Are Some Healthy Flavor Alternatives?
To gain the full benefit from your best air popcorn popper, you’ll want to find a way to flavor this crunchy snack without using oil (or margarine… but we’re not going to tell you to drop the buttery goodness!). As a substitute, consider the different herbs and spices you could add in.
Garlic salt, basil, parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes are all great examples of some healthy alternatives.
4. What Makes the Best Air Popcorn Popper
The best air popcorn popper will be easily assembled, be able to process multiple batches without overheating, and be energy efficient. They are reliable, look great in your kitchen, and put out delicious popcorn!
5. What Type of Popcorn Should I Use?
When using an air popcorn popper, the ideal type of popcorn to use is one that heats quickly and pops with little effort. This means selecting either ladyfinger or white kernels, though yellow could work as well.
Mushroom kernels are larger, and though they’ll pop, you may have a great deal of un-popped kernels left over.
Our Review Process
We made sure to select candidates that could be described as the best air popcorn popper when first looking at their strengths. We picked different looks, price points, and outputs, to create list with something for everyone.
You may select a different one for your purposes based on things like the bulk of each batch, how fast it takes to pop, and how easy or difficult it is to clean. Then, we made sure that it was available to ship to you.
Making the Perfect Batch
Making the perfect batch from the best air popcorn popper is hopefully outlined in a manual that comes with the product you choose. But just in case you’re unfamiliar, we’ve reviewed some of the steps here.
- Place the air popper on a level surface
- Place your bowl in front of the device
- Place butter if you want it in the melting tray
- Plug in the air popper and hit the ‘on’ switch (if it has one)
- Wait approximately 3 minutes while the popping process completes
- Add seasoning and pour over the butter, if you have it
- Wait for the popcorn to cool a bit
- Remove any un-popped kernels from the popper
What We Reviewed
- Cuisinart CPM-100W EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker
- Hamilton Beach Hot Air Popcorn Popper
- Presto 04863 Poplite Hot Air Corn Popper
- Salton CP1428R Hot Air Corn Popper
- Presto Orville Redenbacher’s Fountain Hot Air Popper
- Nostalgia RHP310 Hot Air Popcorn Maker
- Victorio PopAir Hot Air Popcorn Popper
- Egofine Popcorn Maker Machine
1. Cuisinart CPM-100W EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker
This is an air popping device that incorporates a tiny amount of butter but mostly uses heated air. The machine will produce ten cups of popcorn in under 3 minutes and operates at 1500 watts of power.
It’s also easily cleanable with a removable chute and butter warming tray. You’ll find that the chord storage makes putting it away a breeze. And on the plus side, all of the removable components are dishwasher safe. This is Cuisinart after all, so a strong performance here makes sense.
- Makes up to ten cups of popcorn in under 3 minutes
- 1500 watts of power
- Removable chute and butter warming tray
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Cord storage on/off switch
2. Hamilton Beach Hot Air Popcorn Popper
If you’re looking for bulk, then this is one of the best air popcorn poppers for you. The Hamilton Beach Hot Air Popcorn Popper boasts a large capacity, popping up to 16 cups of popcorn per batch.
It also has the option for you to include a small amount of butter if you like. Its sleek red design is reminiscent of your favorite megaplex. Consumer reports also point to the fact that the removable components can be put through the dishwasher.
- Pops into your bowl for easy serving and cleanup
- Butter-melting cup doubles as a measuring cup
- Hot and delicious popcorn in just minutes / Pops up to 16 cups per batch
- Dimensions: 11.3"L x 10.8"W x 8.8"H / Limited warranty
- Uses hot air for a healthy snack / Model# 73400
3. Presto 04863 Poplite Hot Air Corn Popper
The Presto 04863 Poplite Hot Air Corn Popper might look a little bit like a toy, but don’t let its exterior fool you. This product is a powerhouse. It makes 18 cups of popcorn in 2.5 minutes. This boasts the best speed of any item we’ve reviewed so far.
This ratio also gives you a savings of up to 70 percent over regular microwaved popcorn. There is no oil component here to speak of, so either seasonings or added oil later is the way to go with this device. And the best part? It leaves virtually zero un-popped kernels based on its perfected design.
- Pops faster than a microwave- up to 18 cups of gourmet corn in less than 2 1/2 minutes
- In test after test, the Presto PopLite hot air popper out popped other leading brands, popping up to 30-percent faster with virtually no unpopped kernals
- Uses regular or gourmet popcorn for a savings of up to 70-percent over microwave bags
- Pops without oil for up to 42-percent fewer calories than microwave bag popcron, no artificial flavors, saturated fats, preservatives, or added salt
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
4. Salton CP1428R Hot Air Corn Popper
Here we have more of an economy air popcorn popper by Salton. Its non-oil process gives you a similar taste and texture as the previous products, yet with a much lower price tag.
It offers a fun see-through chute that allows you to watch the popcorn emerging from the depths for your enjoyment. It also sports a removable cap that can double as both a butter melter and a kernel measuring device. This is another device that comes in movie theater red.
- Smart technology air flow pops kernels faster than other methods
- No oil required - provides a low calorie treat
- See through chute directs popcorn into serving bowl
- Removable cap melts butter and measures kernels
- Convenient on/off switch
5. Presto Orville Redenbacher’s Fountain Hot Air Popper
Orville Redenbacher has been a mainstay in the popcorn world for a long time. This classic model gives you a sense of that long and rich history. It’s a half sphere on a stand, and it’s clear—so you can see the magic happening in real time.
It also sports specially engineered stainless steel for easy cleaning and is affordably priced. Another benefit of this popper is that any kind of kernel will work based on how evenly the product heats.
- Specially engineered stainless steel restrictors help optimize popping performance
- Pops up to 20 cups of popcorn in about 3 1/2 minutes
- Vented cover assures crispy popcorn; Base nests inside cover for compact storage
- Makes as much or as little as you want from 10 to 20 cups; Popping capacity: 5 quarts (4.8 L)
- Cover doubles as a serving bowl; Just snap lid on vented cover, flip over and remove base; Pops without oil so the base and cover simply wipe clean
6. Nostalgia RHP310 Hot Air Popcorn Maker
This is the most retro, novelty inducing air popcorn maker of any device we reviewed. This counts for a lot when you want to be reminded of the magic of the movie theatre without actually going there.
What you get in physical appeal is only slightly sacrificed in quantity, but what’s the rush? This device cranks out 8 cups of popcorn per batch and does it in style. Its measuring cup is also BPA free and doubles as a measuring cup to make sure you don’t overfill.
- Pops up to 8 cups of popcorn per batch
- Unique popping chamber design creates swirling airflow that results in fewer unpopped kernels
- Healthy, oil free popping
- Measuring cap to ensure proper amount of kernels used
- Convenient countertop size
7. Victorio PopAir Hot Air Popcorn Popper
Well, here it is. The highest producing machine on this list. It makes an incredibly large 3.5 quarts of popcorn in just 3.5 minutes. So this is your ideal companion for large parties and big events. Its design keeps any of the kernels from burning, has a large clear spout, and a broad base that keeps it level on any surface. In addition, the measuring cup melts butter, so if you want a little more savory added to your healthy snack, that’s within reach as well.
- FAST: Makes 3.5 quarts in about 3 minutes!
- NO BURNS: Cool-touch body in Firehouse Red
- MEASURE AND MELT: Measuring cup also melts butter while the popcorn is popping
- BROAD BASE: Makes it stable on any level surface
- LARGE CLEAR PLASTIC SPOUT: Easy popcorn loading and dispensing
8. Egofine Popcorn Maker Machine
Our last air popcorn popper on this list probably ties with the Nostalgia in terms of creativity in design. It blends a retro, classic feel with peak efficiency. It produces quality popcorn, though it may take a little longer to do it. Each batch takes about four minutes.
But what you sacrifice in time, you get back in quality. There are mechanisms built in to make sure that no burning takes place (with proper ventilation). It’s also ETL certified, so you know you’re getting quality.
- 🍿HIGH EFFICIENCY - Hot air popping circulating design, heating and popping every kernel evenly and quickly, makes the popping rate up to 95% in 4 minutes. Tips: Ensure to pop all the kernels, works with 120V/60Hz wall socket would be the best.
- 🍿HEALTHIER - No oil needed by the hot air design, making popcorn without any saturated fat, added sugar, or artificial flavors, the wiser choice for a health nut.
- 🍿LONG WORKING LIFE - Vents at the bottom of the popper base and the chute and the top of the popper lid provide a wonderful performance on heat ventilation, which ensure the long life of the popcorn maker. Popping chamber and the popper base could be wiped easily by a dishcloth.
- 🍿ETL CERTIFIED - This popcorn popper machine is ETL certified, so you can be confident that you’re receiving a safe, efficient, and high quality device.
- 🍿ONE PRESS SWITCH - Makes the popcorn so easily, share the popcorn and happiness so easily. Do not hesitate anymore, enjoy our popcorn maker, enjoy life.
So which model would we pick as the winner? All of these designs had their strengths, but ultimately we awarded the winner based on the look, efficiency, and overall value. The winners were the Hamilton Beach Popper. We picked it because, in addition to its impressive array of features, it’s a great value and delivered a nice big batch.
The fact is though, each popcorn popper on our list is a good pick — depending on your needs, wants, and budget.
We also love the Orville Redenbacher’s Fountain Hot Air Popper by Presto, because of the cool “UFO” look, and built-in bowl.
Whichever you choose, you can get all of these delivered, no need to leave the house.